What are the different names and titles of Jesus Christ?
Answer: There are some 200 names and titles of Christ found in the Bible. Following are some of the more prominent ones, organized in three sections relating to names that reflect the nature of Christ, His position in the tri-unity of God, and His work on earth on our behalf.
The Nature of Christ
Chief Cornerstone: (Ephesians 2:20) – Jesus is the cornerstone of the building which is His church. He cements together Jew and Gentile, male and female—all saints from all ages and places into one structure built on faith in Him which is shared by all.
Firstborn over all creation: (Colossians 1:15) – Not the first thing God created, as some incorrectly claim, because verse 16 says all things were created through and for Christ. Rather, the meaning is that Christ occupies the rank and pre-eminence of the first-born over all things, that He sustains the most exalted rank in the universe; He is pre-eminent above all others; He is at the head of all things.
Head of the Church: (Ephesians 1:22; 4:15; 5:23) – Jesus Christ, not a king or a pope, is the only supreme, sovereign ruler of the Church—those for whom He died and who have placed their faith in Him alone for salvation.
Holy One: (Acts 3:14; Psalm 16:10) – Christ is holy, both in his divine and human nature, and the fountain of holiness to His people. By His death, we are made holy and pure before God.
Judge: (Acts 10:42; 2 Timothy 4:8) – The Lord Jesus was appointed by God to judge the world and to dispense the rewards of eternity.
King of kings and Lord of lords: (1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16) – Jesus has dominion over all authority on the earth, over all kings and rulers, and none can prevent Him from accomplishing His purposes. He directs them as He pleases.
Light of the World: (John 8:12) – Jesus came into a world darkened by sin and shed the light of life and truth through His work and His words. Those who trust in Him have their eyes opened by Him and walk in the light.
Prince of peace: (Isaiah 9:6) – Jesus came not to bring peace to the world as in the absence of war, but peace between God and man who were separated by sin. He died to reconcile sinners to a holy God.
Son of God: (Luke 1:35; John 1:49) – Jesus is the “only begotten of the Father” (John 1:14). Used 42 times in the New Testament, “Son of God” affirms the deity of Christ.
Son of man: (John 5:27) – Used as a contrast to “Son of God” this phrase affirms the humanity of Christ which exists alongside His divinity.
Word: (John 1:1; 1 John 5:7-8) – The Word is the second Person of the triune God, who said it and it was done, who spoke all things out of nothing in the first creation, who was in the beginning with God the Father, and was God, and by whom all things were created.
Word of God: (Revelation 19:12-13) – This is the name given to Christ that is unknown to all but Himself. It denotes the mystery of His divine person.
Word of Life: (1 John 1:1) – Jesus not only spoke words that lead to eternal life, but according to this verse He is the very words of life, referring to the eternal life of joy and fulfillment which He provides.
His position in the trinity
Alpha and Omega: (Revelation 1:8; 22:13) – Jesus declared Himself to be the beginning and end of all things, a reference to no one but the true God. This statement of eternality could apply only to God.
Emmanuel: (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23) – Literally “God with us.” Both Isaiah and Matthew affirm that the Christ who would be born in Bethlehem would be God Himself who came to earth in the form of a man to live among His people.
I Am: (John 8:58, with Exodus 3:14) – When Jesus ascribed to Himself this title, the Jews tried to stone Him for blasphemy. They understood that He was declaring Himself to be the eternal God, the unchanging Yahweh of the Old Testament.
Lord of All: (Acts 10:36) – Jesus is the sovereign ruler over the whole world and all things in it, of all the nations of the world, and particularly of the people of God's choosing, Gentiles as well as Jews.
True God: (1 John 5:20) – This is a direct assertion that Jesus, being the true God, is not only divine, but is the Divine. Since the Bible teaches there is only one God, this can only be describing His nature as part of the triune God.
His Work on earth
Author and Perfecter of our Faith: (Hebrews 12:2) – Salvation is accomplished through the faith that is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9) and Jesus is the founder of our faith and the finisher of it as well. From first to last, He is the source and sustainer of the faith that saves us.
Bread of Life: (John 6:35; 6:48) – Just as bread sustains life in the physical sense, Jesus is the Bread that gives and sustains eternal life. God provided manna in the wilderness to feed His people and He provided Jesus to give us eternal life through His body, broken for us.
Bridegroom: (Matthew 9:15) – The picture of Christ as the Bridegroom and the Church as His Bride reveals the special relationship we have with Him. We are bound to each other in a covenant of grace that cannot be broken.
Deliverer: (Romans 11:26) – Just as the Israelites needed God to deliver them from bondage to Egypt, so Christ is our Deliverer from the bondage of sin.
Good Shepherd: (John 10:11,14) – In Bible times, a good shepherd was willing to risk his own life to protect his sheep from predators. Jesus laid down His life for His sheep, and He cares for and nurtures and feeds us.
High Priest: (Hebrews 2:17) – The Jewish high priest entered the Temple once a year to make atonement for the sins of the people. The Lord Jesus performed that function for His people once for all at the cross.
Lamb of God: (John 1:29) – God’s Law called for the sacrifice of a spotless, unblemished Lamb as an atonement for sin. Jesus became that Lamb led meekly to the slaughter, showing His patience in His sufferings and His readiness to die for His own.
Mediator: (1 Timothy 2:5) – A mediator is one who goes between two parties to reconcile them. Christ is the one and only Mediator who reconciles men and God. Praying to Mary or the saints is idolatry because it bypasses this most important role of Christ and ascribes the role of Mediator to another.
Rock: (1 Corinthians 10:4) – As life-giving water flowed from the rock Moses struck in the wilderness, Jesus is the Rock from which flow the living waters of eternal life. He is the Rock upon whom we build our spiritual houses, so that no storm can shake them.
Resurrection and Life: (John 11:25) – Embodied within Jesus is the means to resurrect sinners to eternal life, just as He was resurrected from the grave. Our sin is buried with Him and we are resurrected to walk in newness of life.
Savior: (Matthew 1:21; Luke 2:11) – He saves His people by dying to redeem them, by giving the Holy Spirit to renew them by His power, by enabling them to overcome their spiritual enemies, by sustaining them in trials and in death, and by raising them up at the last day.
True Vine: (John 15:1) – The True Vine supplies all that the branches (believers) need to produce the fruit of the Spirit— the living water of salvation and nourishment from the Word.
Way, Truth, Life: (John 14:6) – Jesus is the only path to God, the only Truth in a world of lies, and the only true source of eternal life. He embodies all three in both a temporal and an eternal sense.
John 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. 19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. 20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him? 21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind? 22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and my Father are one. 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. 39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand, 40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode. 41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true. 42 And many believed on him there.
Different Names of Jesus
Advocate - 1John 2:1 Living Bread - John 6:51
Almighty - Revelation 1:8 Living Stone - 1Peter 2:4
Alpha and Omega - Revelation 1:8 Lion of the tribe of Judah - Revelation 5:5
Amen - Revelation 3:14 Lord of all - Acts 10:36
Anointed - Psalms 2:2 Lord our righteousness - Jeremiah 23:6
Apostle - Hebrews 3:1 Lord God Almighty - Revelation 15:3
Arm of the Lord - Isaiah 51:9, 10 Lord from heaven - 1Corinthians 15:47
Author, Finisher of our faith - Hebrews 12:2 Lord of glory - James 2:1
Beginning, end of God's creation Revelation 3:14 Lord of Hosts - Isaiah 44:6
Beloved - Ephesians 1:6 Lord, mighty in battle - Psalms 24:8
Branch - Jeremiah 23:5; Zechariah 3:8 Lord of the dead and living - Romans 14:9
Bridegroom - Matthew 9:15 Lord of the sabbath - Mark 2:28
Bright and Morning Star - Rev. 22:16 Lord over all - Romans 10:12
Captain of our Salvation - Hebrews 2:10 Lord our righteousness - Jeremiah 23:6
Chief Shepherd - 1Peter 5:4 Lord, your holy one - Isaiah 43:15
Chief Cornerstone - 1Peter 2:6 Lord, your redeemer - Isaiah 43:14
Child - Isaiah 9:6; Luke 2:27, 43 Master - Matthew 23:8
Chosen of God - 1Peter 2:4 Messenger of the covenant - Malachi 3:1
Christ of God - Luke 9:20 Messiah the Prince - Daniel 9:25
Christ, the chosen of God - Luke 23:35 Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6
Christ, the power of God - 1Corinthians 1:24 Mighty one of Israel - Isaiah 30:29
Christ the wisdom of God - 1Corinthians 1:24 Mighty one of Jacob - Isaiah 49:26
Christ, the Son of God - Acts 9:20 Mighty to save - Isaiah 63:1
Christ, Son of the Blessed - Mark 14:61 Morning Star - Revelation 22:16
Covenant of the people - Isaiah 42:6 Nazarene - Matthew 2:23
Day Star - 2Peter 1:19 Only wise God, our Savior - Jude 1:25
Deliverer - Romans 11:26 Overseer - 1Peter 2:25
Door - John 10:7 Power of God - 1Corinthians 1:24
Elect - Isaiah 42:1 Physician - Matthew 9:12
Everlasting Father - Isaiah 9:6 Precious Cornerstone - Isaiah 28:16
Everlasting Light - Isaiah 60:20 Priest - Hebrews 7:17
Faithful and True - Revelation 19:11 Prince - Acts 5:31
Faithful Witness - Revelation 1:5 Prince of Life - Acts 3:15
First and last - Revelation 1:17; 2:8; 22:13 Prophet - Deuteronomy 18:15
First begotten - Hebrews 1:6 Propitiation - 1John 2:2
First begotten of the dead - Revelation 1:5 Rabbi - John 1:49; 20:16
Fountain - Zechariah 13:1 Resurrection and the Life - John 11:25
Friend of sinners - Matthew 11:19 Redemption - 1Corinthians 1:30
The Parables of Jesus
The Good Samaritan
The Rich Man and Lazarus
The Ten Virgins
The Salt of the EarthGift of God - John 4:10 Righteous Branch - Jeremiah 23:5
Glory of Israel - Luke 2:32 Righteous - Judge 2Timothy 4:8
God (in reference to His deity) - John 1:1 Righteousness - 1Corinthians 1:30
God blessed forever - Romans 9:5 Rock of Offense - 1Peter 2:8
God manifest in the flesh - 1Timothy 3:16 Root of David - Revelation 5:5; 22:16
God of Israel, the Savior - Isaiah 45:15 Root of Jesse - Isaiah 11:10
God of the whole earth - Isaiah 54:5 Rose of Sharon - Song of Songs 2:1
Good Master - Matthew 19:16 Ruler in Israel - Micah 5:2
Governor - Matthew 2:6 Salvation - Luke 2:30
Great Shepherd - Hebrews 13:20 Sanctification - 1Corinthians 1:30
Head of the church - Ephesians 1:22; 5:23 Second Adam - 1Corinthians 15:47
Heir of all things - Hebrews 1:2 Seed of the woman - Genesis 3:15
High priest - Hebrews 4:14 Servant - Isaiah 42:1
Head of the corner - Matthew 21:42 Shepherd and Overseer of souls - 1Peter 2:25
Holy one of Israel - Isaiah 41:14; 54:5 Shepherd of Israel - Psalms 80:1
Holy thing - Luke 1:35 Son of the Father - 2John 1:3
Horn of salvation - Luke 1:69 Son of the Blessed One (God) - Mark 14:61
I AM - John 8:58 Star - Numbers 24:17
Image of God - Hebrews 1:3 Sun of Righteousness - Malachi 4:2
Israel - Isaiah 49:3 Stone - Matthew 21:42
Judge - Acts 10:42 Sure Foundation - Isaiah 28:16
Just man - Matthew 27:19, 24 Teacher - John 3:2
King of Saints - Revelation 15:3 True God - 1John 5:20
King of Glory - Psalms 24:7-10 True Vine - John 15:1
King of Zion - Matthew 21:5 Truth - John 14:6
King over all the earth - Zechariah 14:9 Vine - John 15:1
Lamb, Lamb of God - John 1:29, Revelation 5:6 Way - John 14:6
Life - John 14:6 Wisdom of God - 1Corinthians 1:24 .
titles and names
The exact image of God Heb 1:3 See also Jn 14:9; 2Co 4:4; Col 1:15
The first and last, the Alpha and Omega Rev 22:13 “Alpha” and “Omega” are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. See also Rev 1:17; Rev 2:8; Rev 21:6
The Word of God Jn 1:1 See also Mal 3:1; Jn 1:14; 1Jn 1:1; Rev 19:13
The last Adam 1Co 15:45 See also Ro 5:14
The bright Morning Star Rev 22:16 See also 2Pe 1:19
The rising sun Mal 4:2; Lk 1:78
The Living One Rev 1:18 See also Jn 5:26; Jn 11:25
The Amen Rev 3:14 See also 2Co 1:20
The true light Jn 1:3-9 See also Isa 9:2; Lk 2:32; Jn 3:19-21; Jn 8:12; Jn 12:46
The Righteous One Ac 3:14 See also Jer 23:6; Jer 33:15-16; Ac 7:52; Ac 22:14
The Lion of Judah Rev 5:5
The king of the Jews Mt 2:1-2; Mt 27:37
The “I am” sayings of John’s Gospel
Jn 8:58 See also Jn 6:35 the bread of life The light of the world: Jn 8:12; Jn 9:5
Jn 10:7-10 the gate; Jn 10:11-14 the good shepherd; Jn 11:25 the resurrection and the life; Jn 14:6 the way, the truth and the life; Jn 15:1-5 the true vine
Titles relating to Jesus Christ’s ministry
The seed of Abraham Gal 3:16 See also Ge 12:7; Ge 13:15; Ge 24:7
The Root and Offspring of David Rev 22:16
The faithful witness Rev 1:5 See also Isa 55:4; Jn 18:37; Rev 3:14
Immanuel Mt 1:23 See also Isa 7:14; Isa 8:8
The capstone Mt 21:42 pp Mk 12:10 pp Lk 20:17 See also Ps 118:22; Ac 4:11; Eph 2:20-21; 1Pe 2:6-7
The rock 1Co 10:4 See also Isa 8:14; Isa 28:16; Ro 9:32-33; 1Pe 2:8
The bridegroom Jn 3:29 John the Baptist describing himself as the bridegroom’s friend, and Jesus Christ as the bridegroom. See also Mt 9:15 pp Mk 2:19-20 pp Lk 5:34-35; Mt 25:1-10; Rev 19:7; Rev 21:2
The firstborn among many brothers Ro 8:29
The firstfruits 1Co 15:23
The firstborn from the dead Rev 1:5
The heir of all things Heb 1:2
Titles relating to Jesus Christ’s authority
Lord Ac 2:25 See also Mt 7:21; Lk 6:46; Jn 6:68; Ro 10:13; 1Co 3:5; Col 3:23; 1Th 4:16-17; 2Pe 1:11
The head of the church Eph 1:22-23; Eph 4:15; Eph 5:23; Col 2:19
The Chief Shepherd 1Pe 5:4 See also Mt 2:6; Mic 5:2; Jn 10:11; 1Pe 2:25; Heb 13:20
Prince Ac 5:31
Rabbi Jn 1:38,49; Jn 20:16
Titles emphasising Jesus Christ’s saving work
Jesus: the Lord saves Mt 1:21
Man of sorrows See also Isa 53:3
The Passover lamb 1Co 5:7
A horn of salvation See also Lk 1:69
The consolation of Israel Lk 1:68; Lk 2:25,38
The deliverer and Redeemer Ro 11:26; Isa 59:20
The author and perfecter of salvation Heb 2:10 See also Heb 5:9; Heb 12:2
Titles stressing Jesus Christ’s mediatory status
The Mediator 1Ti 2:5
The high priest Heb 3:1 See also Heb 2:17; Heb 6:20
The Son of Man Lk 19:10 See also Mt 11:19; Lk 5:24; Jn 3:13; Jn 6:53; Ac 7:56; Rev 1:13
Names of Christ
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The Names of Jesus
There are over 170 names of Jesus, we will look at 86
Scriptural Order (When introduced as Jesus’ name):
1) Shiloh, Gen 49:10 (means "Peace bringer")
- only occurrence of this Hebrew word in the Bible
- unto Him shall the gathering of the people be
- Is 2:2; Mic 4:1, during the Kingdom, all shall flow to Jerusalem
2) Star Out of Jacob, Num 24:17
- He is light
- II Pe 1:19, the day star (light bringer)
- Mt 1:2, He had to be a descendent of Jacob
- Rev 22:16, Bright and Morning Star
3) Sceptre, Num 24:17 (the King is coming)
- Gen 49:10, the sceptre shall not depart from Judah
- Is 9:7, His government described
- He 1:8, His throne is forever and His sceptre is righteous
4) Prophet, Deu 18:15-19
- Lu 4:24; 7:16; Jn 6:14; 7:40; Ac 3:20-26, Jesus was the fulfilment
- Heb 1:1-2, God spake unto us by His Son
- the gospels are God's words
- Matt 24 an example of His prophecies
5) Redeemer, Job 19:25-26; Is 59:20; Gal 3:13; Rev 5:9
- one of God's offices, Is 48:17
- redeem means to purchase back from the slave market by paying a price
- Eph 1:7, redemption is through His blood; I Pe 1:18-19
(Heb 9:12, eternal redemption)
- Tit 2:14, he redeems us from all iniquity
- we should be thankful for our redemption
6) Son of God, Ps 2:7, 12; Mt 16:16; Mark 1:1; Lu 1:35; Jn 6:69; 9:35-38 (47 in NT)
- Lu 1:32, Son of the Highest
- Mk 14:61, Son of the Blessed
- Jn 5:18; 10:30-36, it makes Him equal with God
- believing it part of salvation, Jn 20:31; Ac 8:37; I Jn 4:15; 5:13
- having the Son is life, I Jn 5:12
- Mt 8:29; Mark 3:11; 5:7; Lu 4:41; 8:28, the devils recognized Him
- Dan 3:25, He was in the fiery furnace with the Hebrew children
- Ro 1:4, the resurrection declares His power
- Jn 5:25, His voice shall raise the dead
7) Holy One Ps 16:10; Act 3:14
Is 43:3, 15, Jehovah's name
- 44 times in OT as Jehovah's name, emphasises His holiness
- His holiness His #1 attribute
- Rev 15:4, only Jehovah is Holy, (fear Him)
Act 2:27, 31, fulfilled Ps 16:10, He wouldn't see corruption
Mk 1:24, unclean spirits knew who He was
I Pet 1:15-16, therefore we should be holy
- Rom 8:29 conform to His image
- do we live a holy life, public and private? (lift up holy hands in prayer)
8) King Ps 24:7-10; Zec 9:9
Mt 2:2; 21:5, (fulfilment of Zec 9:9): King of the Jews
Jn 1:49; King of Israel
Jn 12:12-15, why He came
Lu 1:32-33, no end to His Kingdom (everlasting) ; Kingdom of David (Davidic Covenant)
Kingdom was "at hand" when He came the first time, Mt 3:2; 4:17; 10:5-7
The Jews rejected Him, Jn 19:12-15
The offer was taken back, Mt 23:37-39
The Kingdom won't come now until the King comes, II Ti 4:1
Rev 17:14; 19:16, King of Kings
- is He King of your life?
9) High Priest Ps 110:4; Heb 3:1
Heb 2:17-18, human so could understand our temptations
therefore He can help (sympathise with) when tempted
Heb 4:14-16, in heaven
was tempted in all points, yet without sin
therefore we can come boldly to the throne
Heb 7:21-27, priest for ever after order of Melchisedec
- see 7:1-4, king priest; no beginning or end; king of Salem (Jerusalem)
continueth ever, unchangeable priesthood because the priest never dies
we can come to God by Him, He ever intercedes for us (see Jn 17:20 where He prayed for us)
He's holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, higher than the heavens
He offered Himself ONCE (His own blood - see Heb 9:11-14), to obtain redemption for us
- Are you daily coming to your High Priest for forgiveness and fellowship with God?
10) Stone, Ps 118:22; I Pe 2:6-8 (Is 28:16)
- Chief corner stone
- headstone of the corner, Mat 21:42, 44 (Ps 118:22)
- Eph 2:20, the foundation stone of the church
- stone of stumbling (Is 8:14), for the Jews, Rom 9:32-33
- Dan 2:34, 45, the smiting stone cut out without hands (the kingdom)
- I Cor 3:11, He must be the foundation stone
- are your works for His sake?
11) Rose of Sharon, Song 2:1
- leafless meadow flower in Sharon, a region in northern Galilee
- Is 35:1-2, the rose in the desert, as Christ gives new life, II Cor 5:17
- rose given as an example of the prefect blossom
- the rose is still the favourite flower
12) Lily of the Valleys Song 2:1
A Palestinian red field flower, He is a flower in this world of sin
Mt 6:28-29, Christ used as an example of the beauty of creation
He is the Lily in our valleys, Ps 23:4, lean on Him!
13) Emmanuel Mt 1:23, fulfilment of Is 7:14
- "God with us" The God-Man
Virgin Birth, Mt 1:18-25; Lu 1:26-35
God in the flesh, Act 20:28; Jn 1:1,14; I Tim 3:16
- are you thankful that God loved us enough to become a man?
14) Wonderful, Is 9:6
- Eph 3:19, His love is wonderful (passeth knowledge)
- Ps 107:8, He does wonderful works
- Ps 119:129, His testimonies are wonderful
- All He did and was makes Him a Wonderful Saviour
- He was wonderful in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, unparalleled resurrection, supernatural ascension, loving intercession
- is He Wonderful to you?
15) Counsellor Is 9:6
Is 11:1-2, He has the Spirit of counsel
Lu 21:12-15, He'll give the words to say
Lu 24:45, He guides in the Word
Rev 3:18, He counsels us to buy His gold (true wisdom)
I Cor 1:30, He is wisdom
Jas 1:5, ask and He will give wisdom
I Cor 2:14, only guides the saved
Is He guiding your decisions? Do you consult your counsellor?
16) Mighty God, Is 9:6
- Ps 50:1, another name for Jehovah, Jer 32:18
- Tit 2:13, the Great God and our Saviour
17) Everlasting Father Is 9:6
- leaves no doubt about the Deity of Christ
- Is 64:8, Jehovah (LORD) is our Father
Jn 10:30, Jesus said, "I and my Father are one"
Mt 9:22, He referred to woman as "daughter"
Jn 14:9, "He that hath seen Christ hath seen the Father"
Mic 5:2, Jesus has always been, "from everlasting"
- do you love Him as a Father?
18) Prince of Peace, Is 9:6
- Is 11:1-9, He will bring peace to the earth with His kingdom
- He gives Christians peace now, Jn 14:27; 16:33
- with God, Rom 5:1; Eph 2:14-15; Col 1:20
19) Branch, Is 11:1 (Messiah) from Jesse, He will bring in the kingdom
Zech 3:8 (God's servant)
Zech 6:12, the man (temple, kingdom)
Jer 23:5-6, righteous branch of David, JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
- Jer 33:15, branch of righteousness
All 4 ways Christ presented in gospels revealed as branch:
Matthew - Messiah, King of the Jews: to Jews (sovereign)
Mark - God's servant: to Romans (servant)
Luke - a man, the son of man: to Greeks (son of man)
John - God in the flesh, Jehovah, the I AM: to church (son of God)
Is He Your Messiah (King)? Does He Rule Your Life?
20) Jehovah, Is 40:3 with Mt 3:3
Jer 23:5-6, the Branch of David (I Cor 1:30, our righteousness)
Is 26:4, defines Hebrew word for LORD
- we've already seen that He is Jehovah from His other names: Almighty, Alpha and Omega, Emmanuel, Everlasting Father, First and Last, God, I AM
21) Ancient of Days Dan 7:9 (to be respected, venerated)
- garment white as snow, Matt 28:1-3
- hair like wool, Rev 1:14
Ps 90:2, Jehovah is everlasting
Mic 5:2, Jesus is everlasting, also Jn 1:1-3
Jesus to be worshipped, Php 2:10
- even by angels, Heb 1:6
Do you worship Him?
22) Messiah. (the anointed One)
- Dan 9:25, the time of His arrival was prophesied
- Jn 1:41, the Christ, the One the Jews had waited for
- the coming Prophet (Deu 18:15-19), Priest (Ps 110:4), and King (II Sam 7:12-13)
- the Jews still wait for the Messiah to come and He did
- He claimed to be the Messias (Greek form of Messiah), Jn 4:25-26
23) Judge, Ac 10:42, Judge of quick and dead
Mic 5:1, they shall smite the judge of Israel on the cheek
II Ti 4:1, He shall judge quick and dead at His appearing and
His kingdom - described in Mt 25:31
II Cor 5:10, judgment seat of Christ (after Rapture)
- are you ready for the judgment seat?
24) Desire of All Nations Hag 2:7
Shake all nations - tribulation
Then the desire of all nations comes, Mt 24:29-30
Is 2:1-4, kingdom established at Jerusalem
Zech 14:1- , Christ brings the kingdom after a battle
- He's coming again!!
- Is your desire to be with Him?
25) Sun of Righteousness, Mal 4:2
- Gen 1:16, the greater light, the sun, is a type of Christ, the Light of the World
- Rev 1:16, His countenance is as the sun
- statement of His Deity, Jehovah likened to the sun, Ps 84:11
- Is 9:2, those that walked in darkness have seen a great light!
- Is 60:19-20, God, the Lamb, will become the light in eternity (Rev 21:23)
- Ac 26:18, He turned us from darkness to light
- we are in the night of sin until the light comes
- Php 2:15, we are to reflect that light into this dark world, do we?
26) Jesus, Mt 1:1, 16, 21; Lu 1:31; 2:21, names by Gabriel (means "Saviour")
972 time in NT (Lord - 667; Christ - 569)
612 vs. - Jesus (alone)
92 vs. - Jesus Christ
81 vs. - Lord Jesus Christ
58 vs. - Christ Jesus
34 vs. - Lord Jesus
16 vs. - Jesus of Nazareth
9 vs. - Jesus Christ our Lord
2 vs. - Jesus Christ our Saviour
Ac 4:10-12, salvation in no other name
I Ti 1:15, Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners
Rom 10:9, confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus
Act 9:29, Paul preached boldly in His name, do we?
Ac 15:26, Christians hazarded their lives for His name
- Ac 21:13, Paul ready to die for His name
Col 3:17, do all in His name
Php 2:10, all shall bow at that name!! do we now?
song: "Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know"
27) Christ Mt 1:1, 16-17 Name in NT 569 times
"Christ Jesus" 58 times
"Christ Jesus our Lord" 5 times
- anointed, Heb 1:9, quoting Ps 2:2
- Messiah, Jn 1:41, the Christ
Mt 16:16,20, thou art the Christ; Jesus the Christ
Mt 23:10, Christ is our master?
Jn 20:31, bible written so believe Jesus is the Christ
Act 9:22, Paul proved He is the very "Christ"
Mt 24:23-24, other christs prophesied (ie. Koresh;"alter Christus")
"Christian", Ac 11:26; 26:28
- are we persuading others to become Christians?
- know the name or living the name?
28) Son of David, Mat 1:1; 21:9
- Mark 12:35, He had to be to be the Christ (Messiah)
- the Davidic Covenant: II Sam 7:14-16; Is 9:7
- Lu 1:31-32, the throne of David
- Ac 2:29-31, the promise fulfilled in Christ
29) Son of Abraham, Mt 1:1
- Ge 22:18, in Abraham's seed all to be blessed
- He 2:16, Jesus took upon Himself the seed of Abraham
- Gal 3:16, the promises through Christ are to us
30) Governor Mt 2:6, rule Israel
Is 9:6-7, govt on His shoulder that will not end
Jer 23:5, shall reign and prosper
Luk 1:32, He gets David's throne
Rev 11:15, He shall reign for ever and ever
Rev 19:11-15, He shall rule with a rod of iron
31) Son of Man, Mt 8:20; Ac 7:56, standing on God's right hand (name used 87 times in NT)
- He was the son of mankind, for He not only had Jews in his lineage
- Rahab the harlot (Mat 1:5), Ruth the Moabite (Mat 1:5), Bathsheba (Mt 1:6)
- Jn 3:14, His mission, to die for us
- the perfect man
- Heb 4:15, was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin
- Mt 20:18-19, a man that could conquer death, the God-man (Is 9:6)
- Mt 13:41, the angels belong to Him
32) Bridegroom Mt 9:15
II Cor 11:2, we're espoused (engaged) to Christ
Eph 5:23-32, Christ and His church (man and his wife)
- men: love your wives "as Christ loved the church"
- He loved us enough to give Himself
- women: be subject to husbands as church subject to Christ
- are we subject unto Him?
Are you ready for the wedding?
- Mt 22:2-14; Rev 19:7-9, do you have a garment (robe of salvation)?
- Mt 25:1-13, are you waiting for His return, lamps trimmed?
Are you inviting others to the wedding? Rev 22:17
33) Master, Mt 23:9-10, one is your Master (as in a great teacher)
Mt 8:19 and Mt 19:16 (good Master)
Mk 14:14, He sent the disciples with the authority of this name
Lu 5:5; 7:40; 8:24, how the disciples often addressed Him
Jn 13:13-14, as master, He gave us an example of servanthood
Jn 6:68, thou hast the words of eternal life!
- are you seeking the truth through Him?
34) Dayspring Lk 1:78-79 (rising of the sun)
His coming will be like light driving away darkness
New Beginning, He makes all things new, Rev 21:5
- II Cor 5:17; Heb 12:24 "new covenant"
- are all things new?
Mal 4:2, "sun of righteousness", later
Jn 8:12, "light of the world", later
35) Saviour, Lu 2:11; Tit 1:3-4; 2:13; 3:4-6; II Pe 1:1
- Jehovah the only Saviour, Is 43:11, Jude 25
- the Saviour of the world, I Jn 4:14
- that's why He came, Lu 19:10; Jn 3:17; I Ti 1:15
36) Word, Jn 1:1, 14
- the Word always "was", He has always been
- I Jn 5:7, the Word is part of the Trinity
- Rev 19:11-13, when He comes back, His name will be the Word of God
- Heb 4:12-13, the Word and Him, the Word has to be perfect, for Jesus is
- are you in "the Word"?
37) Creator Jn 1:1-3, 10 became a man (ant colony ill.)
Jehovah, Is 37:16; 40:28
Col 1:16-18, He holds it all together
The creator sets the rules (the Bible)
- are you following "His" rules?
When worshipping, worship Him as creator?
God is the creator of the universe, and all that is therein: Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Revelation 4:11, "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Also see Neh 9:6; Job 9:8; Prov 26:10; Is 37:16; Is 40:28; 44:24; Heb 3:3-4)
38) Light Jn 1:4-9; 8:12
I Jn 1:5, God's name
Lu 2:28-32, prophecied at His birth that He would light the Gentiles
Jn 3:19-21, light came into the world (Jesus Christ), men resist because of their deeds
Eph 5:8-14, we are children of light, we were in darkness; Christ gives light
- do we walk as children of light, different from darkness? II Cor 6:14
- Php 2:15, now we are to shine as lights in the world, do we?
Rev 21:23, He will be the light in heaven
39) Lamb of God, Jn 1:29, 36
Gen 22:7-8, "God will provide Himself a Lamb"
Ex 12:3-13, passover lamb, picture of Christ
I Pe 1:19, lamb without spot or blemish
The Lamb in the Book of Revelation:
Rev 5:6-13, a Lamb slain; "worthy is the Lamb"
Rev 6:16, the wrath of the Lamb will come
Rev 7:14-17, robes white in the blood of the Lamb, He shall lead us
Rev 13:8, the book of life of the Lamb, are you in it? (see also Rev 21:27)
Rev 15:3, we'll sing His song!
Rev 17:14, He shall defeat the beast and his followers
Rev 19:7-9, the marriage supper of the Lamb
Rev 21:23, He is the light in heaven
40) Only Begotten Son, Jn 3:16 (Jn 1:14, 18; 3:18)
- this is a unique Greek word not implying a beginning of His Sonship
- Heb 11:17, denotes uniqueness
- I Jn 4:9, Jesus was the Only Begotten Son before He came into the world
- see Jn 17:5; Heb 1:2
- will cover more under "Son of God"
41) Bread of Life Jn 6:32-63
Receiving Him necessary for eternal life (I Jn 5:11-12), just as receiving bread necessary for physical life.
Also as the Word (Jn 1:1)
- Job 23:12, esteem more than necessary food
- Ps 119:103, sweeter than honey, is it?
- Jer 15:16, joy and rejoicing of heart, is it?
- I Pet 2:2, milk of the Word, desire it?
- Heb 5:12, milk/meat of the word, eating it?
Are you sustained by Him, Php 4:13 (He "strengthens")
42) I AM Jn 8:58-59, the Jews knew what He said
Ex 3:14, Jehovah's name
Jn 18:5-8, soldiers fell back when He said "I am he"
Jn 8:24, must believe He is God or will go to hell
Bread of Life, Jn 6:35-51, feasting on Him?
Light of the World, Jn 8:12, spreading the light?
Master and Lord, Jn 13:13, obeying Him?
True Vine, Jn 15:1-5, abiding in Him?
Way/Door, Jn 14:6 and Jn 10:7-9, saved?
43) Door Jn 10:7-9
He's not "a" door, He is "the" door.
He's not just the shepherd, but the door to the sheepfold.
1-to heaven, Jn 14:6
2-to holiest place, Eph 2:18; Heb 10:19-20
- Are you entering the holiest through Him daily?
44) Good Shepherd, Jn 10:11
(Also see Heb 13:20; I Pet 2:25; 5:4)
God is the Shepherd: Psalms 80:1, "Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth." (Also see Ps 23:1-3; Is 40:11)
45) Resurrection, Jn 11:25
- Jn 6:39-40, Christ will raise all believers at the last day
- Jn 5:28-29, the great resurrection (Dan 12:2, always the body)
- 2 stages, Rev 20:4-6, 13
- Php 3:20-21, we get a new body then
46) Way, Jn 14:6
- He's not one of many ways but "the" way to the Father
- Is 35:8, the way of holiness, the unclean cannot pass over it
- into the holiest, He 9:8
- Ac 4:12, there is not salvation in any other name
- Eph 2:18, through Him we have access to the Father
- He is the door, Jn 10:9
- have you accepted the only "way" to heaven?
47) Truth, Jn 14:6; I Jn 5:20
- Ps 31:5, Jehovah's attribute
- He doesn't only reveal truth, He "is" truth
- there is no truth outside of Jesus Christ
- it is revealed in the Word of God, II Ti 2:15
- Rev 19:11, His name when He returns
- Jn 18:37, those of the truth hear His voice
48) Life Jn 14:6; 1:4; 11:25
Col 3:3-4, Christ is our life - we exist through Him (Php 4:13)
- see Gal 2:20
I Jn 1:2, eternal life; 5:11-12, 20; Rom 6:23
- when we receive Him, we receive eternal LIFE, for He is life
- He has the power to give us eternal life, Jn 10:28
- salvation is in a person!
Life (God's name: Deu 30:20)
49) Vine, Jn 15:1-8 (expository - more, much fruit)
- are you connected into the Vine and bearing fruit?
- the fruit of a Christian is other Christians
- this is not the fruit of the Spirit
50) Prince, Ac 5:31
- Prince of Life, Act 3:15
- He gives life, Jn 10:28; He is life, Jn 14:6; I Jn 5:11
- Prince of the Kings of the earth, Rev 1:5
- He will again rule all kingdoms, Rev 11:15
51) Just One Act 7:52; 22:14
Zec 9:9, the King of Israel is just when He returns
I Pe 3:18, the Just died for the unjust
Rom 3:24-26, we're made just through Him at salvation
- are you just?
52) Lord (should‘ve been #31)
Mt 7:21; Ac 10:36, "Lord of all" (Lord used 672 times in NT)
I Cor 2:8, Lord of glory
Rev 17:14; 19:11-16, Lord of Lords
Eph 4:4-5, there is only "one" Lord
- Mt 22:43-45, Jesus is that "one" Lord
Php 2:11, all shall confess that He is Lord
- but not all will enter heaven because they say Lord, Mt 7:21-23
The Bible says that only God's name is LORD: Isaiah 45:18, "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."
God's name is also Lord, besides LORD: James 5:11, "Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."
Also see Jn 20:25, 28
Matthew 12:8, "For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day."
Lu 6:46, the title assumes obedience from the one using it
- we use the title but do we obey our Lord?
Is he Lord of your life? Ac 16:31; Rom 10:13, etc.
53) Deliverer Rom 11:26
Ps 18:2, Jehovah's name
Lu 4:18, He preached deliverance to the captives
Jn 8:36, He makes us free
I Th 1:10, He delivered us from the wrath to come
Col 1:13, He delivers us from the power of darkness
- are you walking in victory?
54) Passover, I Cor 5:7
- Ex 12:3, a lamb; Jesus Christ was a Lamb, Jn 1:29; Rev 5:6-13
- Ex 12:5, no blemish; Jesus was without blemish, I Pe 1:19
- Ex 12:46, no broken bones, Jesus fulfilled this, Jn 19:33-36
55) Rock, I Cor 10:1-4, 9
- Ex 17:6, Moses smote the rock and water came out
- Jesus was smitten and life flows from Him, Is 53:5, Jn 7:37-39
- Jehovah's name, Deu 32:4, 15, 18, 31
- Mt 16:18, the Rock (Petra) upon which the church is built (Peter - petros)
- Rom 9:33, Rock of offense to Israel
- I Cor 3:11, Mat 7:24-25, the Rock of our salvation
56) Second Adam, I Co 15:45-49
- earthy, Gen 3:19
- Jn 3:3-6, that is why we need a "spiritual" birth, to be delivered from natural
- I Co 2:14, "natural man"
- Ro 5:15, 18, death came by one man, and so did the gift by grace
- He 2:14-18, He became a man that He might be our substitute
- Ro 6:6; Eph 4:22-24, the old man is crucified and we have a new man
- Php 3:20-21, we get a new body
57) Husband, II Co 11:2
God is the husband of His creation: Isaiah 54:5, "For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called." (Also see Is 62:5)
Jesus Christ is the husband of His creation, the bride of Christ: Revelation 21:9, "And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." (Also see Eph 5:25-32)
58) Beloved Eph 1:6 (worthy of love)
Mt 3:17, God's beloved Son (at baptism)
Mt 17:5, God's beloved Son (at transfiguration)
Song of Solomon (love between Christ and His bride) - 33 times
I Jn 4:19, He first loved us
Is He beloved of you?
- keep His commandments, Jn 14:15,21,24
- serve Him, Jn 21:15-17
- tell others, II Cor 5:14
59) Our Peace, (Eph. 2:14)
- He gives Christians peace now, Jn 14:27; 16:33
- with God, Rom 5:1; Col 1:20
60) Chief Corner Stone Ep 2:19-22; I Pet 2:6-8
Jehovah's title, Is 8:13-14
- must believe on Him (see Act 4:11-12, salvation only in Him)
- stone of stumbling/rock of offence to unbelievers (see Rom 9:32-33)
Is 28:16, sure foundation, tried stone, precious stone
- foundation of our salvation, I Cor 3:11-15
- build your life on the rock?, Lu 6:47-49
- household of God on that stone, Eph 2:19-22
Mt 21:42-44, fall on the stone and be broken
61) Head of the Church Ep 4:14-16, Col 2:16-19, the body is of Christ, He is the Head
Eph 5:23-32, It is pictured in the marriage relationship, why marriage is so important.
"the church" with no spot or wrinkle must be all saved people, can't be referring to a local church.
Col 1:18, 24, the head of the body, the church
- why Paul suffered
Act 20:28, He bought all saved people with His blood
Heb 12:23, church of the firstborn (church age saved)
- Is He running your life?
62) Mediator, I Ti 2:5, One Mediator
not a man's organization (ie. Watchtower, etc.), or a man (ie. Catholic priest)
- you can only come to the Father through Him, Jn 14:6
He was qualified for He was "God" and "man"; He could reconcile the two
- He is our advocate (defense counsel), I Jn 2:1
Heb 9:15, of the New Testament
- Heb 8:6, a "better" covenant
Eph 2:12-18, He broke down the wall of the law through His blood
63) Man, I Ti 2:5, "the man Christ Jesus"
Php 2:6-8, "was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself,
and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
Jn 1:14, "the Word became flesh"
Heb 10:12, This Man was our substitute sacrifice
Heb 2:14-18, he was made like His brethren so He could be more compassionate
Jn 11:35, Jesus wept
Mt 4:2, He was hungry
Jn 4:6, wearied with His journey
Jn 19:28, He thirsted
Is 53:3, man of sorrows
Heb 4:15, was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin
Heb 4:16, come boldly to the throne of grace therefore are you?
64) God Tit 2:13 Great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ
Only One God: Is 43:10 (JW theme vs.); I Ti 2:5
Mt 1:23, "God with us"
Jn 20:28, "my Lord and my God"
Act 20:28, God's blood
Rom 9:5, "God blessed for ever"
I Ti 3:16, "God was manifest in the flesh"
Heb 1:8, "unto the Son", "thy throne O God"
I Jn 5:20, "this is the true God"
65) Captain of Our Salvation Heb 2:10
He IS our salvation, He lead the way, took the lead in providing a way for us to get to heaven.
66) Apostle Heb 3:1 (messenger; one sent forth with orders)
Jn 17:18; 20:21, Father sent Him to preach the truth to us
Is 61:1-2 (Luk 4:17-18), sent to preach
Are you listening to His message?
- He taught so many things, Jn 7:46, "Never man spake like this man"
- how to live; how to pray; faith; contentment
67) Author and Finisher Heb 12:2
Heb 5:9, "author" of eternal salvation John 3:16
(Re 1:5, washed us from our sins in His own blood)
Salvation (Born of Him) I Jn 2:29
- it's "in Him", II Cor 5:17, new creature
II Cor 5:21, righteousness
Eph 1:6, accepted
Rom 8:37, conquerer through Him
I Jn 5:11-12, must have "Him"
Jn 19:30, "it is finished"
- Heb 9:12, redemption (PAID) by his own blood
- Jude 1, preserved "in Him"
- Php 1:6, he will perform it (finisher)
- I Th 5:24, he will do it
Are you living by faith ("the just shall live by faith")?
- Gal 2:20, I live "His" life of victory!
- He died and saves; He empowers; He completes at Rapture and judgment
68) Great Shepherd (Heb. 13:20)
- Good Shepherd, Jn 10:11
- I Pet 2:25; 5:4
God is the Shepherd: Psalms 80:1, "Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth." (Also see Ps 23:1-3; Is 40:11)
69) Bishop I Pet 2:25 (overseer)
- same title as used for church pastor
He's the pastor (shepherd) of us all - more under Chief Shepherd and Good Shepherd
Heb 4:13, He oversees all
Are you living a secret life?
- Ps 90:8, He sees our secret sins
- Luk 6:8, He knows our thoughts
70) Chief Shepherd I Pet 5:4
Jehovah's title, Ps 80:1
Jn 10:1-5, 11-16, 26-30, Christ's discourse on the good shepherd
- sheep hear His voice?, He calls them by name
- leads His sheep; Ps 23:3; lead by Him?
- pasture, feeds them, Ps 23:1-2
- sheep flee from strangers?
- gives His life for the sheep
- sheep follow Him?
- He gives eternal life to His sheep
- they are secure in Him
I Pet 5:1-4, elders to follow the chief shepherd's example and will receive a crown for it.
- same word "Pastor" in Eph 4:11
71) Daystar II Pe 1:19 ("light bringing")
- light that shines in a dark place
- Rev 22:16, bright and morning star (Skipped this name)
II Cor 4:6, God hath shined in our hearts with His light
Eph 5:8, we were darkness, now we are light
Are you walking in the light? I Jn 1:7
72) Eternal Life I Jn 1:2; 5:20
Jn 1:4, life is in "Him"
Jn 14:6, He IS life
I Jn 5:11-12, life is in Him; have Him = have eternal life
Jn 11:25-26, he is the life, get Him and "never die"
Jn 10:28, He gives it to us
- when we believe, Jn 3:36; 6:47
- have you received HIM? and therefore eternal life?
73) Advocate I Jn 2:1 (More under "Mediator" and "High Priest")
Rom 8:34, He maketh intercession for us Eph 2:13-18,
He broke down the wall between us and God I Tim 2:5, He is the "One" mediator Heb 7:25, He ever liveth to make intercession for us
Are you going to your mediator daily?
74) First Begotten of the Dead, Rev 1:5
Act 26:23, first that should rise from the dead
- sets Christianity apart
- Jn 10:17, He had the power to raise again
Col 1:18, firstborn from the dead
Heb 2:9, He tasted death for every man
Heb 13:8, Jesus Christ, same yesterday, today, forever
- has He tasted death for you and are you living victorious life therefore?
75) Alpha and Omega Rev 1:7-8,11; 22:12-13
- means "beginning and end" of all things (He is everything)
- 1st and last letter of Greek alphabet
- Jehovah's Title, Rev 21:6
Is He everything to you?
76) Almighty Rev 1:7-8
Jehovah's Title in Gen 17:1 (1st mention)
- Hebrew "El Shaddai" (all-sufficient; nourisher; strength-giver)
- as in Job where name used 31 times; the One who purifies and sustains through trials
Ps 91:1, we're told to abide under His shadow (protection)
Rev 4:8, God praised in heaven as the "Almighty"
Greek means "omnipotent", Rev 19:6 (same Greek word)
- Jesus is omnipotent (Almighty), Mt 8:27; 28:18
- Luk 9:43, "And they were all amazed at the might power of God"
- victory over death, Jn 2:19-21
- giver of eternal life, Jn 10:27-28
- all things held together by Him, Col 1:17
- He will come back as God Almighty, Rev 19:11-16
Do you believe He can do anything?
Almighty (God's name: Gen 17:1; Rev 21:22)
77) First and Last, Rev 1:11, 17-18; 2:8; 22:13
Is 44:6, Jehovah's name
Rev 1:8, beginning and ending (Jehovah, Rev 21:5-6)
- Jn 1:1, in the beginning was the Word
Mic 5:2, Jesus is from everlasting
Jn 8:58, before Abraham was, I AM
78) Amen Rev 3:14
- means "so be it" (OT and NT definition)
- II Cor 1:20, all His promises are Amen
- swears by Himself (Heb 6:13-18)
- coming again, Jn 14:1-3
- will be with us, Mt 28:20
- Heb 13:8, He is always the same
Are you trusting His promises?
79) Faithful and True Witness (Rev. 3:14)
- all that He says (witnesses) is faithful and true
- Re 1:5, faithful witness
- Re 19:11, Faithful and True
- Re 22:6, His sayings are Faithful and True
80) Lion of the Tribe of Judah Rev 5:5 (fulfilment of Gen 49:9-10, lawgiver from Judah)
Heb 7:14, Christ was an earthly descendent of Judah (Mt 1:3)
Lion, king of animal kingdom - majesty, Pr 30:30
- bold Pr 28:1
81) Root of David, Rev 5:5; 22:16 (both root - beginning, and offspring)
- Mt 22:41-45, Son and Lord
- more under Son of David
- Lu 1:31-32, the throne of David
82) Lord of Lords, Re 17:14
- Ac 10:36, "Lord of all" (Lord used 672 times in NT)
- Re 19:11-16
- Deu 10:17, I Ti 6:15; Jehovah’s name
83) King of Kings, Re 17:14 (Ruler of all kings)
- I Ti 6:15, Jehovah’s name
- Re 19:11-16
84) Faithful and True Rev 19:11
Rev 21:5, His words are true and faithful
Jn 14:6, He is "the" truth
I Th 5:24, He calls, He's faithful to do it.
Also, Rev 3:14, faithful and true witness
- Rev 1:5, faithful witness
Jn 18:37, He came to bear witness of the truth.
Mt 24:35, His words shall not pass away, and they are true
- are you learning and living His "true" words?
85) Beginning and End (Rev. 22:13)
- "beginning and end" of all things (He is everything)
- Jehovah’s title, Re 21:6
86) Bright and Morning Star, Rev 22:16
- first light
- see "Dayspring" and "Daystar"
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.